Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Christmas Box

Around this time of year, people start pulling out their Christmas books and reading them. For some reason this seemed a little tedious for me. But this year I decided I really want to try and get into the Christmas spirit. So when we were down to my parents house for Thanksgiving I saw this book on her shelf and asked if i could borrow it. I thought it would be a great book to start the season off with. It was small, Obviously a Christmas story and written by an author that I have read before and seemed to enjoy so...alright lets give it a try. :) I did NOT know what I was getting myself into. Don't get me wrong this book was fantastic and I really loved it. it helped teach me a lot about the true meaning of Christmas and how fortunate I am. This is one of those rare books that made me cry...and I mean tears rolling down my cheeks, couldn't stop the flow, making my husband nervous crying. He kept asking me if I was ok. :) At first it weirded me out a little with the events happening right here in my home state and not only that but a few blocks from where I work. But as the story went on I forgot about that and really got into it and came to really love the characters. This year I have realized a few things, some of the many reason why I love Christmas. It isn't so much the gift giving and getting them in return. That's great but what I really love about Christmas is the fact that it touches all of our senses. The sights, sounds, smells, tastes, feel. It's all different at Christmas. This book really helped me to realize this. I am starting to see all the different symbolism in Christmas and how it always goes back to our Savior Jesus Christ. This is something no one could take away. Not from me or anyone else who can see this wonderful symbolism. I am so glad I read this book, and very thankful for what it has taught me. to everyone who reads this I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and get to spend it with those you love.

No comments: