Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Lightning Thief

Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Book 1-The Lightning Thief By: Rick Riordan

I have read this book once before a long LONG time ago. :) however the first time I read it I wasn't all that interested in the story and had a bit of a grudge against reading it. For reasons I will not explain. However with the start of Spring I wanted a book that I could listen to while I was working out in the yard. Something fiction that didn't need to have my full unoccupied attention. That's when I remembered this book. I thought it would be a good idea and put my prejudices aside. Turns out I REALLY enjoyed this book and I look forward to the rest of the series.

The book is about a half human, half god named Percy Jackson. Who is the son of Greek God Poseidon. Percy doesn't know who his dad is and always considered himself a handful. Being kicked out of 6 different schools in his 6 years of being in school. He was told he had ADHD and Dyslexia. However that was simply his God attributes shining through. He had his identity thrown upon him and by the tie he was able to almost wrap his head around who he really was, he was given a world saving quest to retrieve Zeus's master lightening bolt and return it to him. With the help of his friends Annabelle daughter of Athena and Grover a satyr sworn to protect Percy. They venture out from New York headed to LA to confront Hades in the underworld. But with side quests, twists and turns and monsters on their heels these three discover the truth and unearth an even bigger mystery that is bigger than a potential World War 3.

No comments: