Monday, June 6, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone: By J.K Rowling.

Even after the countless times I have read this series, I still love it. But I will be the first to admit that I wasn't a potter fan from the beginning. When they first came out, everyone was ranting about that and it was the huge thing. I tend to shy away from things that are that big...not sure why. It wasn't till I was living with my sister in Washington that I got hooked. She brought home the movie and said that she wanted to watch it and if I wanted the TV that I was going to just have to watch with her. After that I bought all 4 books and read them in the the fastest time I have ever read that many books. When the 5th one came out, I was there with my friend waiting for Midnight to buy the 5th. (oddly enough that's when I picked up The Hobbit and fell in love with it too.) I have been a die hard fan ever since. When James and I got married, not only did I turn him into a potter fan but also his sisters family too. I picked this up after the semester ended cause I felt the potter itch and I wanted something a little light and familiar. Contrary to what a lot of people think, I love the way this book opens your imagination and I think that with the increase of TV and Video Games that the generation today faces, that Harry Potter is a good way to interest children in reading and using their imaginations.

No comments: