Monday, November 18, 2013

The Hobbit

The Hobbit By: J.R.R Tolkien

To start, I LOVE THIS BOOK! I also love The Lord of the Rings. (LoTR) I try and read this and the LoTR trilogy every year. I had quite a few friend who read it back in elementary and middle school but i never picked it up. Not sure why. I found it though While I was in Barnes an Noble with my friend waiting for the 5th Harry Potter book to be released at midnight. I saw it and thought well we have time to wait and I started to read it. I was instantly hooked. Course I didn't pick it up again till after Harry Potter. :p But when I did finally pick it back up I couldn't put it down. I loved this book so much that I decided to read the LoTR. I enjoyed those too. I loved this book and other works of Tolkien that any book that I have found by him I have bought and either started to read or haven't got around to it yet. (silly habit of buying to many books and then having them sit. Since I am such a slow reader) I have also done a lot of reading about Tolkien himself who was a fascinating man. Anyway. I do love this book and would recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy. Here is what Amazon.com had to say about this book.

"Now a major motion picture

A great modern classic and the prelude to THE LORD OF THE RINGS
 
Bilbo Baggins is a hobbit who enjoys a comfortable, unambitious life, rarely traveling any farther than his pantry or cellar. But his contentment is disturbed when the wizard Gandalf and a company of dwarves arrive on his doorstep one day to whisk him away on an adventure. They have launched a plot to raid the treasure hoard guarded by Smaug the Magnificent, a large and very dangerous dragon. Bilbo reluctantly joins their quest, unaware that on his journey to the Lonely Mountain he will encounter both a magic ring and a frightening creature known as Gollum."

No comments: