Thursday, July 9, 2009

Brisingr

It took me quite a while to get through this book. Brisingr is the third book of the inheritance series, the first being Eragon and the second Eldest. There are 700+ pages in this book but this is not the reason why it took me awhile to get through, one of the reasons is a pretty simple one. I had to put it down a few times cause it was to hard to read this book with the book my book club had for that month which took priority. But the main reason is due to the writing style of Christopher Paolini. His style is very descriptive and details which helped to fill your mind full of vibrant images that you could get lost in. His style reminds me a lot like Terry Brooks except slightly more colorful. The two main characters in this series a boy named Eragon and his dragon Saphira use a lot of emotion to describe the things around them as well as words, which helps bring everything to life. He also gives you the view points of other characters as well not just Ergon and Saphira's so you get a wide range of everything that is taking place. this book was a difficult read for me but I really enjoy the story line and getting to know the different characters. I would recommend this series to anyone who is willing to go into a lot of descriptive detail and enjoy a really great original story.

2 comments:

NikkiAWardell said...

Maybe I'll have to check this series out for Abs!!

Our Corner said...

I think she would like it. It is a little gory (sp?) at times and in detail... I mean the series. I can tell you more about it later.