Monday, March 22, 2010

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- By Ann Brashares:


I have heard a lot of things about this book and about the movie too, So I thought I'd give it a try. I loved all the different stories of the 4 best friends that make up the sisterhood. It was really easy to get lost in this book and to feel the same things that each of the characters feel as they struggle through a summer away from each other and go through some life changing and growth experiences. One thing that I didn't like about the book...One thing I feel is a growing problem in this country is the increase of underage drinking as well as how casually the younger generations today see and use profanity and sex and the 4 girls in this book didn't seem the exception. Although I do have to say that sexuality wasn't as big in this book but there was quite a bit of drinking and a lot of profanity that I feel wouldn't be a good example on some more impressionable young readers.

No comments: