Monday, March 15, 2010

Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights, By: Emily Bronte:
This is one of those books that I have heard a lot about and it's a classic. This is one of those stories that most readers know about...except me. This I confess is my first time reading wuthering heights. It took me awhile to figure out my feelings about this read and I think I've come to a conclusion. Wuthering heights was a depressing, sad and frustrating story but I think I liked it. I don't think it's going to be one of those stories that I'll want to read once a year. But I did enjoy it, I couldn't believe that a story like that could actually end well, so I was quite pleased it did. I couldn't believe how it seemed like everything around heathcliff was so dark and dreary and basically anyone who somehow had a connection with heathcliff had their life ruined. Most of the things that happened could have been prevented...if the people would have just listened to Mrs. Dean.

No comments: