Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Crucible

The Crucible By: Arthur Miller

I have always been fascinated by the Salem witch trials but I've never really done a lot of digging and research about them so when I had the opportunity to borrow this book from my sister in law I jumped at the chance. This book was fascinating and I locked onto it real quick. I usually go home and clean, cook,go for walks, or watch TV. if I ever sit down to read it's usually only for a few minutes. but with this book the only thing that sounded good was sitting in my new lazy boy chair and reading. :) I never realized just how interesting and yet sad this story really is. I felt like this whole story basically surrounded the "doings" of one person... Abigail Williams and I think her story started with her affair with John Proctor. But it makes me wonder why they condemned all those other people, maybe it was just a snowball effect. I'm not quite sure but I am going to try and do a little more research about this even in our nations history. If you know of any other good books about this topic please let me know.

No comments: