Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer By: Mark Twain

Believe it or not but this was the first time I had read this book. I have seen a lot of different movies and TV shows with a take off the book but this was my first time reading it. I was really excited about this book and loved every minute of it. The movie that I had seen and "grown up with" I guess you could say was Disney's Spin off of the story with Tom and Huck. After reading the book I realized that the movie was nothing compared to the book. (which was good cause I never really liked that movie anyway) Tom,Huckleberry, Becky as well as the rest of the characters were pictured a lot differently in my head. Younger and everything that comes with being a kid. The only thing I did find a little hard was in the beginning of the book Mark Twain says that this book is for kids about the joys of being a kid and he hopes adults will read it too. 34 chapters later I was thinking, there is no way a kid would want to sit down and read a 34 chapter book. Well at least not the age group I had Tow Sawyer pegged at. I know my niece Abby would but reading for her is a passion and it's hard to find kids who like books that much. But I did really enjoy this book and hope to either have my kids read it someday or read it to them.

No comments: