Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Above and Beyond

Above and Beyond by Betsy Brannon Green:
Above and Beyond (May 2008) Once they had Caroline safely back, Savannah assumed that she and Dane would pick up where they'd left off years before. But Dane sends her and Caroline to Ft. Belvoir with General Steele and refuses to even answer her phone calls. Then Mario Ferrante's daughter, Rosemary, comes to Savannah for help. Savannah feels sorry for the girl and sees her request as an opportunity to involve Dane in her life again. Dane does agree to help - with near disastrous results.
This is the second book in the Duty trilogy. I really loved the first book but for some reason had a hard time getting through this one. It didn't grab my attention the way the other one did and the only reason why I continued is to find out about the love interest which in my opinion also ran a little dry. You can only hold someone so long with the will they or wont they get back together topic. I am not sure if I will read the last book.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Might have just been when you read it...I often find that how into books I am depends on the way my mood is. I love Betsy's books (ALL OF THEM)...and think that you would like to read the third one. :D Also, if you are really into the supsense thing then have you read Traci Hunter Abramson's? They are good. Her books are not in a series so to speak, but they do all run together so you will want to start with the very first book she wrote.