Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trusting Jesus

Trusting Jesus By Jeffery R. Holland.

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. - Isaiah 12:2

A mother, struggling to cope when a family member is diagnosed with a devastating illness, finds hope and strength when her small daughter pulls her close and whispers, 'Trust Jesus.' Those simple words form the foundation for Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's latest book, Trusting Jesus.

"Everyone meets affliction in mortality," writes the author. "Everyone knows some sorrow. Everyone experiences disappointments, even despair, and looks for ways to bear up and keep on going. The answer for all times and all seasons is to 'trust Jesus.'"

This collection of some of Elder Holland's most memorable and powerful talks will inspire us to keep our focus and our faith on the one source of strength that will never fail us: Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Included in this collection are such classic addresses as "The Other Prodigal," "He Hath Filled the Hungry with Good Things," "Come unto Me," "An High Priest of Good Things to Come," "A Handful of Meal and a Little Oil," "As Doves to Our Windows," and many others.

The messages gathered here will help us to remember His promises in all our days of trial and challenge. When our souls are spiritually depleted, we can trust that the Lord will provide us with the bread of life and the living waters. When we struggle to fulfill our callings, we can trust that He will sustain and support our efforts. When our lives are hectic and overwhelming, we can trust that the Lord will bless us with peace."

I have been getting into inspirational books more and more, I guess that means I am growing up. :) This book was wonderful I learned so much about the life of the Savior before his earthly mission, after and during. I also learned a lot about our own personal missions on this earth and how we need to view Heavenly Father more like the Father he is to us. I really loved this book and recommend it to all.

No comments: