Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Return of the King

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King By: J.R.R. Tolkien

The end of the trilogy. I really love the detail you get in books that you don't in movies and I am especially grateful that Tolkien believed in Happy endings for all. :) One of my favorite things about this book is the part that couldn't fit in the movie. When Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin
go back to the shire to find that Sauruman has taken over and they stand up to him and get their fellow hobbits together to rebel and stand up to the "ruffians". In the movie I didn't like how after they got back from their adventures that they felt alienated with their own kinsman. I think that's one of the reasons why I enjoyed this part in the book because it helps to show that they weren't alienated and in fact thought of as hero's in their homeland as well. Albeit for different reasons.

No comments: