Friday, August 9, 2013

Dracula

Dracula by Bram Stoker

"A dreary castle, blood-thirsty vampires, open graves at midnight, and other gothic touches fill this chilling tale about a young Englishman's confrontation with the evil Count Dracula. A horror romance as deathless as any vampire, the blood-curdling tale still continues to hold readers spellbound a century later."

I went into this book not really know what to expect other than a traditional vampire story. I was a little shocked to see that it was all written from the characters point of view in journal format. I questioned it at first but found myself drawn in to each character just like I would any other book. In fact maybe even a little more so. Due to the fact that the characters would "write" things of a more personal and private nature. So you got to know them better then the other characters knew them. This wasn't the horror book that I had expected and I am actually very grateful for that. I am not someone who copes with horror well in any form. So this book was actually pretty perfect. I really enjoyed it and I am happy to check it off my "Classics to read" list. On to the next. :)

No comments: