Friday, January 22, 2016

The Austere Academy

The Austere Academy By Lemony Snicket

I always start reading these with the best of intentions. After awhile I remember that I haven't finished these books and I start to wonder what happens next. So I pick up the next book and usually get through it fairly fast. But almost always without fail around the middle of these books I think "Nothing ever good happens to these poor kids. Why am I reading this?" I have been trying to get through this series for the past 5 to 8 years, and I have to say it has gotten worse since I have became a mother. Not the story, the story is very well written. I just know that nothing good has ever or will ever happen to these kids and it just baffles me that I keep reading. Has anyone else had this experience with these books?

No comments: