Monday, November 26, 2018

Death Comes to Pemberley

Death Comes to Pemberley By: P.D. James

This book started out a little harsh for me. Being a fan of Jane Austin and loving Pride and Prejudice. I felt that this story started out turning Elizabeth into a villain. Upon reading more I realized that it was just doing a back story of the book Pride and Prejudice but from an outsiders perspective. Once I understood that it made continuing a little easier. I loved being able to re-visit Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, along with Jane and Mr Bingley. This book had my attention almost from the very start, it moved really well and had me believing I knew what the outcome would be and merely kept reading to see how the Darcy's would handle it. Then a twist was thrown in that made my head spin and made it so I didn't want to put the book down. Such an fun and adventurous story. I really enjoy it.


No comments: