Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol By: Charles Dickens

I have always been intimidated by this book, like I am with most of Charles Dickens books. I'm not exactly sure why. I am use to reading classics and old English, from Jane Austen, Mary Shelly, and even Shakespeare. But for some reason Charles Dickens books always make me pause before I read them. However I am glad I did. I am definitely familiar with this story through the countless movies that have been made. However reading it was different and interesting. It seemed to me that Charles Dickens was so excited about this book and getting his message across. At least that's what I felt while I was reading it. I did thoroughly enjoy this book and I can see it becoming a tradition every Christmas season to re-read it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.