Wednesday, July 22, 2020

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz By: L. Frank Baum

This is another Classic that has been on my list to read. The funny thing about all these classic books is they have been on my list for so long because I have always been afraid to read them. Thinking that they would be hard to understand or take to long to read. But I have enjoyed them a lot. As far as the length and understanding the only one so far that I seem to have trouble with has been the Count of Monte Cristo. Length on that was understandable and understanding the language was mostly because of all the french names and language.

Anyway I really enjoyed this book. Growing up I LOVED the iconic movie that everyone knows with Judy Garland. I actually wore out our VHS tape watching it; and like most kids I was scared of the flying monkeys. I actually enjoyed the book, parts of the book I actually enjoyed more than the movie. One of those parts was the flying monkeys and actually being able to hear their backstory. This is a wonderful read and I am so excited to try and introduce this to my little girl.

No comments: