Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sense and Sensibility

 

Sense and Sensibility  By: Jane Austen

I have been a fan of Jane Austen for awhile and I have really enjoyed the 1995 film of this book with Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman and Hugh Grant. So the book has been on my list for awhile to read. I am delighted to say that it did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the story and the more detail that I was able to learn regarding the various characters personalities. For instance Willoughby is so much more in depth in the book then he is portrayed on film. I have learned long ago not to compare the book to the movie and vice versa. But I think the 1995 film did a pretty good job at taking all the fundamental elements of this book and putting it on screen; also adding a little extra to certain characters such as the younger sister Margaret. Overall I can add yet another Jane Austen book to my "like" list and maybe even come back to it again someday and re-read it.

No comments: