Monday, February 8, 2021

Fairest

 

Fairest By: Marissa Meyer

Amazing, jaw dropping writing. It has been a long time since I have received a physical reaction from a book. This book was so well written that it sucked me in deeper than the other books and at one point made me feel literally physically ill. The character that she has created in Lavana and her back story is a truly sad and yet terrifying one as well. Villain's in any story bring a sense of emotion to any book, movie, etc. There are villian's that you can love, hate or love to hate. But Lavana to me is truly terrifying in the sense that she is a villain who is so real and so common place that others like her have been seen throughout history. Real People! The one that most came to mind for me was Adolf Hitler. Diluted by his own fantasy of a race of pure Arian people he was ready to do what it took for his country and in his opinion its greater good. Lavana is a character that reminds me of this. She doesn't feel any guilt or remorse for all the evil things she does because she justifies it to herself as being the only way to help her country and her people. Before when I was simply reading Cinder, Scarlet and Cress I found Lavana annoying. But now I can see she is truly evil as the characters of those books often pointed out. 

No comments: