Tuesday, December 6, 2022

InkHeart

 

InkHeart By: Cornelia Funke

I chose this because I wanted a story that was new and different that I could enter into. This both did and did not satisfy that want. I was hoping this was going to be one of those stories that I give into and they turn out to be something I couldn't put down. Like the Cinder and the whole Lunar Chronicles series. It wasn't quite the page turner I was hoping and at times it was a bit slow that I had to force my way through it. 

However the concept was definitely new and something I had never heard of before. The concept of being able to read characters out of a book simply by reading aloud is such a wonderfully new concept that at times I felt so sorry for some of the characters that were torn from their stories. It made me think about all the books that I have read in the past and the characters and people in them. If they were suddenly thrust into our won world. It's a rather frightening and fantastical idea. 

I did enjoy this story very much. I don't think it will be one of my repeats but I did enjoy it all the same.

No comments: