Monday, September 28, 2009

Reading Tree Challenge

In one of my last posts I talked about the reading tree and a little about it. I am excited to announce that I am having a book drive. It's really simple, any old or unwanted books that you may have lying around the house can be useful. Just pack em up and give them to me. Either drop them off at my house or e-mail, text or call me to schedule a pick up time that I can come and get them. I have been talking and planning out this book drive with John Barger who is the executive director for Reading Tree right here in our very own Utah...Farmington to be exact. He is as excited as I am to have this book drive to help out some local schools. This book drive will officially start Oct 1st and (due to a 2 weeks vacation) wont end until Jan 1st. To help spread the word please do a short post on your blog about this challenge with a link to this blog and then leave a comment saying you have done this. Then I will contact you to get your address so I can send you a homemade bookmark just for telling people about this. We want to donate as much as we can! So in order to do this I am offering a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble (or a store of your choice) for the person who donates the most books. When you drop them off I will keep track of who you are and how many book you have donated. If you don't live in Utah or close to Salt Lake and would like to help your in luck. Reading tree has bins that you can donate your books at. Just click here to go to their website to find a bin near you. If you would like to participate in the challenge still but once again can't get the books to me. Send me an e-mail at kabby17@yahoo.com with the title Reading Tree Challenge (so I know what it's about) and tell me how many books you have donated (you can also add titles of the books if you want) with a picture of you in front of the donation bin. Remember these books are going to go to needy schools, library's and family's right in your area. If you would like to see where your books go contact a representative in your area and they can give you more information and can maybe even include you in a donation event at a school or library. Please help us out in this wonderful chance to help stamp out illiteracy.

No comments: