Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Believe in Santa Claus.

This is by far my favorite Christmas book...beside the story of the Savior in the Bible and Book of Mormon of course. This book talks about the symbolism in Christmas and what the different things stand for. But mostly it talks about how Santa Claus is the symbol of the Savior and it talks about why. First the author portrays Santa and the person he is, then she describes the Savior and the person he is which is exactly the same. I love how after I read this book now whenever I see Santa I think of the Savior and the true meaning of Christmas being the celebration of his birth and life. This book is a great one o help kids understand that everything we see at Christmas time and even throughout our lives points back to the Savior and is a wonderful reminder of how we need to constantly look to him and remember his life and the example he was for us so that we may pattern our mortal lives after his. This is the first Christmas in 4 years that I have actual felt the Christmas spirit and the Spirit of the Lord together. It's the first Christmas in a long time that i have been excited for Christmas not because of the presents under the tree...but for the opportunity we have to openly declare our love for our Savior and to sing our praises to him without people getting offended. I love this time of year! I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and i know that he lives and that he loves us. I know that he wants us to return to live with him someday.
I BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST...therefore I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS!. :)

No comments: