Monday, December 21, 2009

Mr. Finnegans The Giving Chest.

One of the greatest things I love about Children's Christmas books is the different messages they hold. They are all the same but different in their own ways. On of these stories is by a man that I grew up watching on TV with my mom and who is one of those great comforting things to me...Dick Van Dyke. watching his movies and hearing his voice always makes me feel like a kid again watching Mary Poppins, the Dick Van Dyke show with my mom and always feels like a warm blanket being wrapped around me. So when I saw this book of course I was going to get it. :p Its a great story about this magical toy maker...Mr. Finnegan that tries to help people. The little girl is the town bully and Mr. Finnegan wants her to help him He gave her the giving chest and asked her to take it to a certain address. By doing this errand she learned the importance of being nice and the true meaning of Christmas. Like I said classic "scrooge" story in a way, but on a level that kids can understand it better. I love this book and cant wait to be able to read it to our kids someday at Christmas time. :)

No comments: